How far along? 9 weeks and 6 days Baby is the size of a: southern pecan!! Total weight gain/loss: +1.6 (from 99.7 to 101.3) The Bump: none, but a pooch that expands as the day goes on! Symptoms: exhaustion, all day nausea, veiny boobs and […]
We finally made it to our first appointment..and I’m already ready to go back to see our little nugget again! Now before I update you all on these past couple of weeks, here’s our first picture of little baby Abraham 🙂
August 4th, 2018 is the day we found out we we’re expecting!! But lets rewind a little and start from the beginning.
When did you start trying?
Well, if you ask Ari, he would tell you 2 months, but if you ask me FOREVER! So yes officially we started trying 2 months ago, but I have been TRYING to convince Ari we were ready for years!
Did you know you were pregnant before taking the test?
HECK YES! So I’ll have to admit, I thought I was pregnant every month right before my period arrived (this was even before I got off BC). I know I know I’m a little crazy, but I hoped and dreamed for it for SO long! But I will say this month was completely different. I started developing weird symptoms very early on, like really bad acid reflux, lots and lots of cramping days before my expected period, and I was extremely bloated. I took a pregnancy test every day starting at cycle day 23 (I may have been a little impatient!). And then Friday (cycle day 26) I woke up at 1 am feeling so nauseous and sick. This continued all day, so I texted Ari and told him I wanted to go get a early detection pregnancy test when I got home. It was SO hard to wait till the next morning, but I know first morning pee is the best time to test and I did NOT want to see another negative.
Did you track your cycle?
UMM do you know me?! YES and way more! Everyone told me don’t make trying become a chore, just have fun… um did I “just have fun” while prepping for my boards? NO! I am not a wing it kind of gal, so I gave it my absolute 100%!
I had 4 ovulation tracking apps (Kindara, Ovia, Flow, and Clue) My favorite was Ovia Fertility! I now have the Ovia Pregnancy app and LOVE it! I’ll admit I wasn’t perfect with tracking CM or temperature, but I had ovulation test strips to help! And I HIGHLY recommend the pregmate strips! I purchased mine from Amazon and they were super cheap! I got 100 LH strips and 50 pregnancy strips for I think $25. This took most of the guessing away since it would tell me when I had my surge and then I would know approximately 24 hours later I would ovulate. This was key for us since Ari essentially travels weekly. But lucky for us he was home for two weeks in a row which meant lots of baby making time! 🙂
Here are some other things we did, whether it helped or not I will be doing ALL of these things again once its time for baby number 2! I propped my hips up under a pillow for about 10-15 min after, I ate certain foods during each phase of my cycle to help with fertility and implantation. And Ari started taking Acai supplements!
How am I feeling now?
Extremely happy! And a nervous wreck! We don’t have our first appointment till Sept 4th.. so waiting till then is going to be tough! I am so excited for that appointment! We will get to see our little one (or ones 😉 ) This stage is also very tough because you have ZERO reassurance that everything is going ok. When I cramp I wonder is this too much cramping?? When I don’t cramp, I ask myself WHY AM I NOT CRAMPING? WHAT IS WRONG? Basically its a roller coaster of emotions but I wouldn’t trade it for the world!
Praying for a happy and healthy baby & pregnancy!
To read more about our pregnancy journey click here!
Ari and I both had off on Friday, so we figured it would be the perfect weekend for a little getaway. We both had wanted to make a trip down to Savannah, because we had heard lots of wonderful things of this charming little city. […]
AKA the belated birthday post (I hope this makes up for me not getting you a birthday card 😛 but its only fair to share that your birthday card made me a whole year older than I really was 😉 )
Lately, I’ve been having a fruit smoothie for breakfast every day and boy are they yummy! I even got my husband to start drinking them and he loves them too! (Although he complains about the banana taste :p ) Hubby wants me to note that the smoothies keep him energized through his whole 50 mile bike ride!
The smoothies are very simple to make and you can spice them up however you’d like!
Here is the recipe:
Throw in blender:
-1 banana (if its a small one, I may put in two!)
-Frozen fruit (I like to use strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, and when I make -the smoothie for a snack during the day, I’ll use mangoes, peaches and pineapples)
-Peanut butter powder (I usually use the regular, but sometimes Ill use the chocolate one! Ari hates this, so I make his without the peanut powder)
-Almond milk (here you can use any liquid you like)
Optional- you can add yogurt, veggies (like kale or spinach), nuts, etc
I don’t measure anything out and just blend away…sometimes I don’t add enough liquid and will have to add an additional splash or two of the almond milk to make it nice and smooth. I’m NO expert here 😉
In the morning I like to have a chocolate croissant with it..YUMMM 🙂
For more recipes check out the recipe tab or click here!
Can you believe it we are in MARCH!? Spring break is right around the corner…or so I hear :p All my patients have been filling me in on their vacations and I’m over here fantasizing away, wishing I had more PTO.. ADULTING.. who said this […]
I thought moving south would spare my skin and hair from drying out..but NO winters down south are just as harsh. In my last post 5 beauty hacks with coconut oil, I talked about how I use coconut oil to re-hydrate my hair, scalp and […]
Does anyone else think of summer time when they smell something coconutty?!
I LOVE the smell and everything coconut. Before I dive into beauty uses of coconut oil, Ill share some of my favorite coconut treats 🙂
- So Delicious coconut ice cream bars // If you love coconut and have not tried these you are MISSING out!! They are seriously my favorite ice cream treat!
- Coconut bars (I could not find a link, but I purchased mine at Aldi) // I seriously eat one every day at work as my morning snack.. and boy do they hit the spot!
- Unsweetned toasted coconut flakes // I like to mix this in with my yogurt and add some fresh fruit! Adds a nice coconut crunch 🙂
- Trader Joe’s Coconut Cashews // All I can say is don’t say I didn’t warn you!! These are truly ADDICTING!
- So Delicious Cocowhip // If cool whip and coconuts had a baby this would be their child. And it does not disappoint. Put some in coffee as a creamer, enjoy with a slice of hot brownie or cookie, pair with some fruit or just eat plain right out of the container! 😉 No judgment here!
Now that we got our coconut fix, lets talk about its other uses!
1. Hair mask – I put this in my hair not only to hydrate my split ends but to moisturize my scalp. I lather two big spoonfuls into my hair and massage into my scalp. I then put on a shower cap and let soak for at least an hour. Shampoo and condition like normal.
2. Moisturizer – Apply a small amount to any dry spots. Small amount is KEY.. otherwise you will look like a grease ball. Ive read coconut oil reduces stretch marks, age spots and wrinkles… Looks like ill be dousing myself in this later tonight!
3. Oil pulling – I personally have not tried this myself, but Ive read swishing coconut oil around in your mouth not only whitens your teeth but kills bacteria and bad breath!
4. Make up remover – Put a couple drops onto a q-tip or cotton swap and it will instantly remove all your makeup!
5. Lip balm – Dab a small amount onto your lips. This is a great for kids too since it is 100% safe to eat!
Let’s Coconut together!
What are some of your uses?!
Ive always wanted to try my hand at making caking pops, so with Valentine’s day just around the corner I had the perfect excuse to bake some sweets! Let me warn you, you will loose all self control and want to devour them all! (At […]